Meet Mei ling
Mei Ling is the founder of BALANCE IN BREATH. She sees mindfulness, yoga, and breath work as complementary practices that help calm the entire being by providing clarity, aiding with emotional regulation, reducing stress, and allowing the body and mind to heal.
A researcher and clinical practitioner by training, she is intrigued by the relationship between the mind and body and the ability that one has to influence it. Mei Ling is trained in a traditional form of Hatha yoga, specializing in mindfulness, breath work, restorative yoga, and yin yoga. She believes in the inherent strengths and skills in all students, and appreciates the uniqueness of every ability, body, and culture.
Mei Ling's teaching philosophy supports students to slow down and mindfully participate in life by honoring themselves and deepening the connection to their intuition. Her experience as a clinical practitioner informs how she supports and guides students along their path. She teaches mindfulness from an authentic base informed by a personal practice.
Selected Education & Licensure
- Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance since 2016 (RYT 200 License # 195591)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Melinda Meza, 2018
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, Jodi Boone, 2017
- Mindful Educator Essentials Training with Mindful Schools, trained and authorized to utilize research-based curriculum, 2016
- Synergy Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training (200 hrs. over 9 months), Tami Hafzalla & Jodi Boone, 2016
- Masters of Public Health, Heath Services, School of Public Health & Community Medicine, University of WA, 2007
- Maternal Child Health Leadership Certificate, School of Public Health & Community Medicine, University of WA, 2007
- Masters of Social Work, Clinical Contextual Behavioral Health, School of Social Work, University of WA, 2006
In addition to mindfulness and yoga training, Mei Ling has nearly two decades of combined experience as a researcher (ranging from directing work in the philanthropy and nonprofit sector) and medical social worker at Seattle Children's Hospital. She also regularly guest lectures at various graduate programs in WA State. You can learn more about Mei Ling's background here.
© 2018 BALANCE IN BREATH, LLC, All rights reserved.